Tuesday, July 18

The Lord is good.

I have done a lot of praying over the last several days... weeks. Not that I normally do not pray, my heart is just really heavy for a few people. The Lord's response has been, "Wait." When I asked for what, He said, "Me." When I asked what He was going to do, He laughed and said, "That is why you have to wait." I knew He wasn't going to give me the answer, but I thought it was worth the shot.

So anywayz, I'm waiting. Waiting on His divine timing and love to burst through with a great outcome.

J and I have been dating for a few weeks and it really has been good. I'm learning so much... not just about him, but about myself. He is a great guy. I've had to wrestle with some questions... like, am I settling? But I am convinced that I am not! I had a great conversation with my mother... she was being Jesus to me. The whole thing about him not knowing the Lord personally... that is one of the questions that the Lord has told me to wait on. J has asked some questions (whether he realizes it or not) and has also made some comments here and there that shows it has been a thought every now and then. My hope is that it becomes more now's and fewer then's. I've been praying for 3 weeks now that as he is getting to know me, that he would see Jesus and want to get to know Him too. And that J would recognize that it is Jesus he wants to get to know better... not just a part of my personality.

This sounds an awful lot like missionary dating... but it's all about perspective. I'm being Jesus the best that I can be to a good friend that I really like to hang out with. Do I need to protect my heart? Abosolutely... I haven't traveled through this life this long to just put it out there without a lot of trust, honesty and thought. This may be my first relationship, but I've learned a lot from others... my parents first marraige to start with and many many more.

Honestly, my hope is that people trust who Jesus is in me, who I am in Him, and what God can do. I will make mistakes, but isn't that part of the journey?

Things to smile about today:
:) helping S get her room partially ready
:) the evening at the Dilbone's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home