Thursday, January 19

It's basketball season again! Woo hoo! (The actual sport of basketball doesn't exactly thrill my soul, but the opportunities with Upward does. :) )

Just an FYI, Upward is a basketball program for children in Kindergarten through 8th grade who want to learn how to play basketball (duh). However, at every practice and game, a biblical lesson is taught to the children. Not only do they learn how to play, but they learn what it means to have a friendship with God. So cool!

Anywayz, I am coaching 1st and 2nd grade again this year. In addition, I am overseeing 9 other teams. Thus far I have greatly enjoyed it, and after tonight, I will not have to go to so many practices.

My team practices on Monday nights. I got there early to prep and get things arranged. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with the actual practice, I just had some ideas. Then my girls get there with their parents. One father introduces himself and informes me that he is the assistant girls basketball coach at the BGHS and that the other dad that walked in with him is the head coach! How lucky of me! I should just turn the team over, but they don't want full responsibilty. They were actually really good with asking me what I wanted to work on next, ect.

Anywayz, I gotta run. I have 4 or 5 more teams practicing tonight. :)


Things to smile about today:
:) Friends delight
:) my classroom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home