Tuesday, January 3

It was our first day back at school and I can tell! :) It's only 8:30 and I am ready to go to bed! It was also the first day of being in my new room. I think it went rather well. The children didn't seem to be effected by the teacher swap and only one child asked where Miss Emily was. No crying children... that is always a plus.. and we even had two new little girls. Both are 3 years old... one just turned three a few days ago. I spent most of the day observing and trying to learn the children's personalities. I am positive that everything will be fine... I just hope others join that boat soon.

It's day 8 of my "One * Day" journey. There are several meanings for this title... the most significant being "one day at a time". The overall goal? Being as healthy as I can be. The short term race is 42 days long. I am hoping that it sets the stage for the life long race. So far I have two comments: 1. God is my strength 2. the effect of 100 oz. of water... need I say more.


Things to smile about today:
:) the Lord's presence
:) continued strength
:) a visual of Dilbone with his guitar and Macee's new barbie headset (includes speaker) :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Do you enjoy teaching? How is your school responding to the No child left behind act?

03 January, 2006  
Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Glad your first day went well. And glad, too, that there are new children - always a plus! Try not to giggle too much with see.

Scott - much of no child left behind we can ignore - we have always worked not to leave a child behind anyway! (who would?)! :)

Seriously though, we have had testing done by outsiders when necessary; do required standardized tests with 4th, 6th, and 8th graders; and hear tremendously positive stories about those who complete our program and move on. We are not afraid to get outside help when needed, but also, we are not afraid to let a child be him/herself and allow natural maturation to occur. We don't believe God created us all to be in the exact same place, on the same page of the same book for example, at the same time. We allow for His diversity!

Sorry Ropper, I got carried away on your blog!

love, MA Blogger

04 January, 2006  
Blogger middle aged blogger said...

oops - meant Cindy - don't know where "see" came from! Ma B

04 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home