Monday, December 26

I must confess... Christmas just hasn't felt like Christmas this year. I have greatly enjoyed my time with my family, and now that I'm back in BG there are a lot of things that I would like to get done that are "Christmasy", but something feels out of wack. Not to sure what it is... maybe I just need some reflective time.

The past four days have been spent on the road. Friday was the drive down to mom's and then an extra 45 min. of driving on down to Urbana. (Let me back up here a little bit.) On my way to mom's, I stopped at my dad's work to see how he was doing. I have made this a habit as it has become the only time I get to see him without others around. Anywayz, dad continued to tell me that just an hour before, my brother had shot a hole through his wall. As dad continued to explain, the following details became praise worthy. My father actually proclaimed God's protection in all of this! :) So, T's gun was jammed. Instead of going outside to fix it, he was in his bedroom. (We still are not sure why he forgot this very important detail.) First praise is that the gun did not blow up in his face. Instead, it shot through his wall at about chest level leaving a hole roughly 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter. It continued through M's wall leaving a hole on her side roughly 3 to 4 inches in diameter and traveled across her room peppering the wall above her bed roughly 4 feet in diameter. Needless to say, if sis had been in her bedroom watching tv or reading, she would either be very hurt or not here. Second praise, if T had been facing the other direction in his bedroom, it would have gone through his other wall, into the computer room and hit sis who was sitting in direct aim... but he wasn't. T was so scared that he didn't talk for an hour and then said that he never wants anything to do with guns again. That may not last to long, but dad has his guns put away until he is 18 (he is currently 14).

That incident, however, did not send me to the Urbana hospital. It was the accident that happened only 5 hours later. My step mom, step grandma, and sis were in a car accident just outside of Urabana. A guy pulled out in front of them and S t-boned him at 50 mph. He got out of his car and began running on foot, leaving his girlfriend and three kids in the car. My step grandma got pinned under the dash and sis was thrown around in the backseat. Results: S (stepmom) had surgery today to put a screw in her lower leg/ankle bone area. Sis has seatbelt burns and S (step grandma) is really sore and going back to the hospital for more xrays as her right hand is starting to swell even more. The people in the other car refused treatment and had no insurance.

(deep breath) just needed to get all of that out.

Other than that, time spent with my family was good. I got to see all of my siblings and most of my aunts and uncles. :) Only 2 more gatherings left! (One was post poned due to the wreck.)


Things to smile about today:
:) God's protection over my family
:) Dad proclaiming God's protection
:) a few days of little to do

1 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Wow - I will continue to pray for them all! Goodness!

Enjoy your rest!

27 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home