Wednesday, December 21

Wow... I knew that it had been awhile since I had last blogged, but I didn't think that it had been this long! Time flys when you have fun... or maybe when you are just to busy! :) Either way, I'm bloggin now.

Time is going to fly for the next couple of days. I have a lot to do and a lot of places to be between now and the 3rd of Jan. (The next day I go back to school.) Within that list is a work day at the school (in my new room... more on that later), 6 Christmas parties: mom, mike and appropriate siblings, dad, sherry and appropriate siblings, mom's parents with aunts and uncles, dad's parents with aunts and uncles, sherry's parents with aunts and uncles, and mike's parents with aunts and uncles. I've already had one this past weekend with some extended family. My total will be 7, unless another one pops up and that is totally possible.

Now for the new room. I'll be teaching in the other Early Childhood room. Until this point in time, there have been three experienced teachers in one room and only one experienced teacher in the other. By switching with one of the other teachers, both rooms will have two exp. teachers. I am excited and sad all at the same time. I will miss the children I have already been with. They are to cute and have a place in my heart. Some of them are not taking this news well, others are okay and yet most of the little ones won't even realize what really has happened until the beginning of the year comes. One little girl keeps asking why I can't be her teacher anymore. One of the most common questions I have had is "When will you be my teacher again?" It hasn't clicked that this is permanent. One little boy asked if he could go over to the other room with me. It made me smile... and sad at the same time.

So... this will probably be my last set of funny stories from the West room. :(
(My new funny stories will be from the East room.)

This morning on line we read the story, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. While reading this story one of the little boys asked where Rudolph was. A little girl promptly answered, "He wasn't born yet."

A few pages later one of the kids blurted out, "Santa's smoking!" (A pipe) This generated the response, "Only in this story does he smoke. In real life he doesn't."

After the story was read, somehow we got on the discussion of first words that the children had spoken when they were little. We got the common answers like, ball, duck, baba... and then one little girl announced to the whole class that her first word was "toilet paper". Yes, toilet paper! I'm sure that is not true and that she was wanting to be special, but why did she pick toilet paper?!?!

The conversation continued and a child had mentioned that their dad had remembered what his first word was and another little girl said, "My dad forgets everything." We had a good laugh over that one too. :)


Things to smile about today:
:) Big hugs from little kids
:) Memories, as new as they may be, from working with T
:) a week and a half off of school!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

Ahhh, kid's conversations are great! Love your new contacts.
Have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy all of your parties.

22 December, 2005  
Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Great....and was that little girl with the tp, C?

22 December, 2005  
Blogger Gary Browne said...

Good to see you and Miss T. the other morning. H is looking forward to school!!!

G

23 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home