Tuesday, November 15

Tuesday...

All day. And preferably ending over 12 hours ago. :) Okay, so maybe it hasn't been that bad, but man... what a day. I am absolutely exhausted by the time I get home.

I was so frustrated today because all I did was put out fires. I don't think I gave a single lesson today! When it wasn't one, it was another. Today had more calm points than yesterday, by far... but it was still crazy. I feel so bad for some of our little ones. One little boy is having his medication switched again. They have yet to find one that works well, and in the mean time he doesn't know how to help his body stay in control because when he starts to figure one thing out, it changes! He frequently runs around the room when he needs to get out that energy. This is obviously a hazard to him and the other children. When you try and help him by removing him from the stimulation, he runs from you. However, today, when I walked into the room after my lunch break, he was running around and instead of running away from me, he ran straight to me without me intiating it and hugged me. He wouldn't let go. He knew he needed help with someone being his external control and he has come to the point where he recognizes that I want to help him. At a different point in time, he was also able to verbalize what would help him calm down. When I got that activity for him, he worked on it for 10 min. and you could sense that his body was calmer.

So there were good things that happened, but it drains you!

Anywayz, enough about that. I'm sure I could go on for a long time.


Things to smile about today:
:) seeing the small steps in between the backwards strides
:) a sub with Montessori experience!!
:) Dilbone's tonight

2 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Bless his heart! I'm glad that he has the trust in you as the rest will come!!

Who was your sub?

Love you - Ma Blogger

16 November, 2005  
Blogger Gary Browne said...

H wanted to come see you today at HIS school!! He is really trying with the potty training now and only has has a couple accidents this whole week!!! What a big boy!! I cannot wait for you to mold and shape his little mind!!

Gary

17 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home