Thursday, October 20

Story update

I haven't written a lot of stories about school lately. It's not that I don't have a lot of stories... I just have been slackin I guess. Unfortunately, the few that I can remember right now weren't the most positive situations to have in the classroom. :)

For example:

Story #1
Last week some time, one of our older boys thought it would be funny to put straws and their wrappers in the toilet. Once I figured out who it was (which wasn't that hard because he said, "Hey G, watch my spitwad fly."), I took him into the bathroom, gave him some cleaning gloves and had him fish them out. He wasn't to happy and it actually took him about 5 min. before he would reach into the toilet. There was no way I was getting them out for him!

Story #2
Yesterday one of our girls decided to write her name on our shelf with a colored pencil. It was obvious who had done this because the writing style had matched the name (writing is unique at this age and very easy to decifer). When I took her over to the shelf, we sat down on the floor and I just pointed to her name. She looked at me and said, "Sorry?" I told her that if she had been in a store or at the library, that her parents would have had to pay a lot of money to get it fixed. I also told her that if she would have been a little older, that she would have had to talk to a policeman because it was considered damaging property. She took a good 10 min. to scrub off her name. This is the same little girl that decided to decorate the bathroom with toilet paper. She got away with it 3 times before we caught on to who it was.

Story #3
There was more food flying today during lunch. Someone else mooned the class yesterday during lunch and the boy in the first story busted his lip open when he fell. He was running away from a teacher because she was trying to talk to him about throwing food.

Story #4
We have this long, narrow rug that we use for one of our math works. I would guess that it is close to 15 feet in length. One of our girls decided that it would make a really good outfit and wrapped it around her entire body. She couldn't walk she had wrapped it so tight. There was even a little left over to hang off of her shoulder. Why didn't we catch this? I was giving a lesson, T was sitting at the rug getting ready for conferences, B was on the other side of the room putting out little fires that were very loud, and this little girl was very quite about the whole process.

Story #5
There is lice in our room.

Story #6
A glass container shattered today in the room. The children didn't understand that they couldn't help clean it up. That was a loud 10 min. process.

Story #7 (This is a cute story)
Today I was working with a 3 on her conference packet. I wanted to find out how high she could count. She got to 10 and stopped. I asked her if she could count higher than 10 and she responded with, "... 9, 10, higher, higher, higher, higher." I couldn't help but laugh. She was so honest in her response. She is to cute.

Well, those are my school stories. I think I have caught you up m.a.b. :) All I have to conclude is that conference time is crazy. We just got the children into a routine and doing there number and language work without having to be told and now it has gone out the window. With one teacher constantly at the conference rug... it all goes to... a crazier time in the classroom.


Things to smile about today:
:) Greatest hits of the Bee Gee's ( I couldn't help but get the cd at wal-mart. It was only 9 dollars!)
:) "higher, higher, higher"
:) one more day before my three day weekend!
:) the sunrise this morning

1 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Ah the fall - yes indeed!

hang in there!

Love MAB

21 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home