Sunday, October 2

A guy must have designed the doorknob...

... at least that was my roomie's conclusion, but I whole heartly agree with her! :) Despite some hurdles, the new knob is now installed. We can now use our front door again. There's just something about walking out my backdoor and right into someone else's front lawn that doesn't sit well with me.

Anywayz, D and I went shopping today. Found some cute stuff. There were these really REALLY comfortable, soft sweaters that we were looking at, but in the end decided not to get.

I also went out and shot a roll of film today. I don't know if I'll get anything good, but it was fun. If nothing else, I enjoyed being in the country. No car or truck noises. No neighbors within ear shot distance... I really enjoyed the true quietness and stillness of the back country road. Part of me misses that. This living in town is for the birds. So I guess it is easy to conclude that most of me misses the country.

Pray for my step-dad and his family. He lost his mother a little over a year ago, and this weekend, one of her sister's died. Mom and Mike are probably in W. Virginia by now being able to visit with the rest of the family (that is where most of them are). For as big of a family as they are, there are only two siblings left. That leaves Mike's generation and younger. I'm sure that this is a difficult transition for all of them.


Things to smile about today:
:) Country air (even if it is filled with corn dust)
:) friends
:) my new purse (thanks Sara D.! )
:) an evening of silence and getting things done

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

Ahhhh, an evening of silence. My kind of fun! :) Sending up a prayer for your step-dad and family. Have a wonderful week!!!!

03 October, 2005  
Blogger middle aged blogger said...

It IS difficult to be in the process of becoming the last generation alive in your family! At least we have only lost one of the collective 9 siblings that Mark and I started with...

enjoy your day - it is EXACTLY nine a.m. here at my computer - as promised!

Love, MA Blogger

03 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home