Sunday, September 11

I need to find a new balance in my life.

Right now that balance feels like it leans towards moving back to Logan county. It's getting harder to leave every time I go there. Today, I went down there to visit with my cousin because he is home for two weeks from Afganastan (sp?). Before I went to my aunt and uncle's house, however, I stopped by the Ben Logan School campus to watch my sister cheer during the game. It was actually good to be able to sit there with dad and sherry and talk. It was also good to see Mickayla having fun. The football team didn't do so well, but the cheerleaders looked cute! :) (It was the 5th/6th grade league.) So anywayz, I drove from there over to my uncle's where several people where there. I didn't know most of them. I knew it was a party for David... I guess I just didn't expect it to be so big. It was nice to see how many people wanted to welcome him home. Needless to say, my mother's entire family was there. I just don't get to see them that much. Most of which is my fualt. I have created a world up here and haven't expanded it enough down home. This is where the balance comes into play. Then add in how my family is constantly saying that I am moving back home and how they are working out all of the arrangments for me... I laugh along with them and pretend that I"ll never leave BG, but the reality is... it's getting harder to laugh and play this game. There is a part of me that really really really wants to move back. Something I thought would never happen.

Anywayz, enough on that. I might cry... to late.

Sara D. I met someone from your dad's church at my uncle's tonight. During one of the "your coming home" conversations, I mentioned how finding a new church might be something I"ll be doing anyway within the next year and told my grandmother the shortest version of what had happened. There was this couple sitting at the table that looked at me and said something along the lines of "Do you know Sara.... Rucker. I can't remember her new last name." Granted, these words are not acurate because I didn't know that they were talking to me. However, when I realized that it was indeed me that they were talking to, I said Dilbone and they got a big smile on there face and confirmed. They then proceeded to tell me that they go to your father's church and had gone to the same church as you when you were little. Forgive me for not remembering their name correctly, but I believe their first names were Roy and Becki. I'll have to call my aunt to find out there last names. During this conversation, we realized that Tonia had worked for his brother on the berry farm and that she worked for his sister in law during the school year at a special needs school. Crazy, huh?

Well, I'm off. It's late. I've spent way to many hours in the car today and I want to chill out a little before going to bed.


Things to smile about today:
:) Family
:) Time in the car to pray

3 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Some wise author (who???) said "You can't go home again." I think he was referring to the fact that home is always different from what you expect after you have been away awhile...

I am sure that Tricia and I both hope you will STAY here.

Love MAB :)

12 September, 2005  
Blogger notreallydoingthis said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12 September, 2005  
Blogger notreallydoingthis said...

interesting advice mom

12 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home