Tuesday, September 6

Today was interesting. I'm hesitant to go into all of the details, as some I'm sure you are not interested in, but will share just a few of my favorites. (Keep in mind that favorites isn't necessarily used with a positive spin.)

1. A child pooped his pants today while he was in the quiet corner. I thought he was on a way to a breakdown. So when I went over there, I thought he was hurt or that another child had made him really angry. When I asked him what was wrong he was nearly yelling that he pooped in his pants. I calmly got him into the bathroom, got a change of cloths and proceeded to help him as he insisted that he could not do it himself and showed signs of having a true breakdown.

2. After throughly washing my hands from the event above, I sat on line to help the kids get ready to go outside. One of our little girls started crying and I had her come sit in my lap. Within minutes she was asleep. I let her continue to sleep as the kids got ready. The next thing I feel is a warm, wet drool running down my arm. I then sat her up and put her head on my other arm so that her face was pointing up. This stopped the drooling, but proved to be difficult as I was tying shoes for the other children. She never woke up!

3. After school and a very hot day with all of those little bodies and being up and down, my co-teacher had a minor seizure during the staff meeting. No one noticed as it was at the beginning and it was truely minor, but still. She says that she gets them when she is fatigued... and it was so hot in our room that it wore her out. She isn't alarmed at all, but I didn't even know that she did this. She made it sound normal and proceeded to assure me that she has had enough to know when they are small and when she won't be able to control how long they last. I don't know exactly how they work, but I don't like the sound of it. The whole thing scares me really.

Well, I could go into more but I just started feeling the effects of the ambien I took 15 min. ago. :) Hopefully I will sleep tonight. Only getting 4 hours of sleep, even though I'm in bed for 8, is not helping my body and I am well on the way of getting mono again.


Things to smile about:
:) God's protection
:) Friends and laughter
:) Corn hole
:) ambien

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home