Saturday, August 27

So my grandmother now knows that I have a tattoo. Although she addmitted that it was cute, she told me never to do it again. :) She actually found out through my mother. Of everyone who knew, I figured it would be my aunt who would tell her! :) Anywayz, grandma called me tonight and went on and on about how no one in the family knew who it was and that they were guessing that it was my cousin in the reserves over seas.... She was trying to get me to admit it and I wasn't playing her game. Finally, she started laughing and said in her cute voice, "Oh, Erica. How's your butterfly?" That's when I directed her to my blog and she said it was cute.

So... that has been the end of my day. The beginning of my day actually started with a huge project. Although I went through some things and threw out a lot at the beginning of the summer, I went through things again. I have a huge pile of clothes that are going. I'm also getting rid of three pairs of shoes and some other odd stuff. My closet looks so much better! My final challenge to my room is to find a place for the gigantic thing of a suitcase that I have. It won't fit in my closet and it looks rather odd as a piece of furniture in my bedroom. Especially since the room isn't that big. I'll just have to be creative! Nothing like a good challenge.

School starts on Monday. I think this year is going to go well. With 27 kids in the morning and 26 in the afternoon, the three of us will have a lot to do. We all have a sense of calm that will greatly help set the tone of the room, however, and I am confident that it will be fine. I know for sure that one of our new students will be a handful. Giving him guidlines and structure within the room will be good. At the open house he was sitting on the tables and having one topple over on him, getting work from one area and putting it in another (even after being directed to the correct area), etc. But, he is 4 and has not yet learned the rythm of the room.

Well, I'm going to go. I sat down to watch the Bronco/Colt game and have yet to get more than 5 min. at a time. Not that I haven't enjoyed the things that have taken place instead, but I want to watch the last quarter (or at least what's left of it). :)


Things to smile about today:
:) Stories that I will eventually have to tell about the kids at school
:) organization
:) the cutest pair of purple baby booties finished

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home