Saturday, August 6

It's only money, It's only $, It's...

That's what I was thinking today as I filled my tank. I'm not one to complain about gas prices because it is out of my control and I have created a world around me that won't allow me to walk to all of my destinations, but $2.30 is a little crazy!

Anywayz, the past coule of days have been relaxing. Friday I did nothing! Well, that's not entirely true. I did 4 loads of laundry while reading the second half of one book and the first half of another (which I finished today!). This makes 5 books in one week. :) I'm not sure what has gotten into me. I enjoy reading, but never have I read so much. I think I'm actually getting faster when I read. It didn't take me near as long to read these last few. I'm going to enjoy it while I can, however. School starts soon and I will officially be in my classroom starting Monday. I can't wait to see my co-teacher. When I have been out of town, she is home and withing 48 hours of me beeing in town, she is not! I haven't seen here since the middle of June!

I'm starting to get a little nervous about this upcoming year. My co-teacher has been the "head" teacher in our room for years. She has a routine. I'm coming in with ideas and I'm not sure how they will be received. Don't get me wrong, she is the one of the sweetest ladies I have ever known... but when you have taught for so long and have found so many things to be true or false... I guess I just hope that I will not rebel against her wisdom and trust what she has learned from her own experience. I can be one that wants to try it on my own if I am convinced it will work, even if someone tells me it won't. When I have a plan in my head, I like to at least try it. I'm not very good at letting it go and continue with the "norm".

Okay, so I've babbled. That means it is time to go to bed. Getting on a schedule is my next item of business. My goal is to be up around 6:30 every morning. Week or weekend. We'll see! :) Note I used the word goal.
Good night!

Things to smile about today:
:) Reading a good book, or two
:) Knitting! Yes, I'm back in the swing of it! This sweater has been sitting to long.
:) The weather. Was today not the most beautiful day you have ever seen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home