Wednesday, August 3

Since Friday

I have been...

*to the Getty Center. It is huge art museaum with gardens and a really good view of L.A. and the surrounding cities. I got to see Rembrandt's religious portraits, Paul Strand's and Frederick Sommer's photography and many 17th century English furniture and sculptures.
*to Gryffith Park and took a picture of the Hollywood sign.
*to downtown Hollywood. (Didn't see any stars.)
*down Sunset Blvd and passed by Beverly Hills.
*through San Diego on the Old Town Trolly tour. We got to see several different places in San Diego that we wish we would have known about at the beginning of the week. We could have spent a day (at least) at each of the stops that we went to, but only had a few hours or less.
*to a really neat Irish Pub. They had a live band. The music was good and the company was fun.
*on four different planes with one of the layovers in Las Vegas, where 50 cents was played on the slot machine and no money was won in return.

The trip was fun. If I ever get to spend some time there again, I would go to the San Diego/Point Loma area. I enjoyed LA, but would have been content to spend all of my time in the southern part of the state. I was glad that I got to see my highschool friend. If you think of her, pray. I'm not sure what God is doing in her life, but I was used for a painful part. Although I am sure that the conversation we had was one that God orchestrated and had planned, it was hard. I had to tell her things that she was not willing to receive. My hope is that her heart becomes soft and begins to listen to His voice. Life is only going to get worse if she doesn't. So yeah, just pray.

I should have pictures soon. I hope I will get them to the lab tomorrow. Speaking of pictures... the photos I put in the fair didn't do anything. I wish that we were given feedback or comments about what the judges thought. I really would like to improve, but I have no clue what they were looking for or what they didn't see in my pictures that they wanted to see. It's a little frustrating, but it will only push me to go further and learn more. I have to keep telling myself that I have only done this for a short period of time.

Things to smile about today:
:) a safe return home
:) seeing my friends ( I can't wait to see the rest of you!)
:) "Since you've been gone" ... I so needed this song today roomie. The weather was perfect for having the windows down while I was driving and it felt like the appropriate song at the time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home