Monday, October 24

It's good to be back. I'll be honest, however, and admit that it was hard. I spent part of today crying because I had to leave and thinking about moving home, and then crying somemore because the thought of leaving BG is just as sad... if not a little more. I got to see both sides of the fam this weekend and both sides asked when I was moving back. This is normal for mom's side, not normal for dad's. It caught me off guard. Anywayz, I won't post the battle that is going on inside of me. Just pray if you think about it. What I really want is to be where God wants me to be... devoted to my blood family or my spiritual family? I don't know.

G Ropp started giving me things this weekend that she wants me to have once she is gone. The whole idea doesn't sit well with me, but I see her point. She wants certain people to have certain things and if she doesn't do it now she is afraid it will all end up in a garage sale and no one will get anything. I find it funny that she is giving things to the grandkids and not her own. Not sure exactly why, but I'll take them. I've got some cool pictures... maybe I can post them. My favorite that grandma gave me is of her and gpa on their wedding day 50 years and 1 day ago.

I wish I could post more, but it is late and I just got home an hour ago. I enjoyed my day off. :)

Things to smile about today:
:) Day off
:) family gatherings
:) old photographs and memorable items
:) "Good morning Mr. Sunshine, you brighten up my day..."
:) Oven roasted pumpkin seeds
:) being in BG again

2 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Welcome back - you were missed!!!

After a few years as a Christian I was stunned to discover how much more comfortable I felt with my Christian family than the biological one. I even felt I could count on them more in times of crisis as well as joy. It hurt me too!

Love you - MA Blogger

25 October, 2005  
Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

Hey Erica
Glad to hear that you had a good time at home. I am praying for guidance in your struggle. I entirely understand.
Funny, my grandmother is doing the same thing that yours is. I felt awkward with it at first, but am starting to enjoy it as we become closer while she tells me stories and she expresses how much joy it gives her to see her things finding happy homes.

25 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home