Sunday, January 8

Today was a good day. I got to sleep in a little and then join my mom and stepdad for lunch down in Findlay. As I was leaving BG, I saw someone that I have not seen for a few weeks. I hate to admit, but as soon as I recognized that person, a flood of emotion came and I actually started crying. I realized then that I did not have complete healing. At first I just begged God to make it go away. To finish the healing process. To rid my heart of those feelings. To end that chapter of my life story. Then I recognized that God's timing is perfect and that everything that happenes is for His good. So I started asking Him why now and how in the world was this for the good? I started to get angry and stated out loud that I have dealt with this enough and that I don't care to deal with it again. Then I repeated my questions: Why now and how is this for the good? That's when He responded. The answers that filled my heart were simple. Now, because it is My timing. The good, did you not ask Me to heal you?

I had forgotten what I had asked God to do just moments before I questioned His motive. At that point in time, a sense of peace came, the anger left, a humble spirit was present and I knew at a deeper level how much God loves me.

The whole conversation lasted about 20 min. Shortly after, I arrived at the restaurant and was able to enjoy lunch without that burden. :)

This evening, I got to soak up God's love again. I know that He is always present but something amazing happens when a group gathers specifically to be the church. A burden was lightened for someone tonight through prayer, encouragement, the Word, and the Holy Spirit. Not just one person delivered all of these things. Through discussion and listening, the Spirit brought to mind several things through several people to share.

My words are not doing it justice. (I never have been good with words. :) ) The best I can say right now is, you'll just have to experience it.


Things to smile about today:
:) lunch with mom and Mike
:) dinner with "family"
:) times with God
:) healing

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

"I have never been good with words" I beg to differ, your blog entries show that isn't the case anymore!

09 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home