Friday, March 3

Furthering my previous post:

I've now found some things that need to go. (Self/flesh patterns that need to die) The question then: How? How do I eliminate these things? How do I make sure that my desire becomes pure and stays that way?

But look at how I just asked those quesitons. How do I...? Before I even start trying to figure it out, I've got it all wrong. If God wants us to rely on Him for everything, then that means that He wants us to rely on Him for this as well.

No matter how hard I try, I will never be able to be selfless. I will never be able to give of my time freely. I will never be able to give up my "future". I will never be able to love everyone the way Christ does.

But God doesn't expect me to, either. I can't love the way Christ does because I am not Christ. The only way for me to love the way Christ does is to have Christ love through me!

All of the flesh patterns that need to die... I would have to DO something inorder to eliminate them from my life. That would then only lead to a temporary, false death.

I can not (and God does not want me to) DO anything on my own to help any situation regarding either myself of anyone else. (Living uder law.)

I just need to BE. (Living under grace.)

1 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Please read Matthew chapter 25.
I believe there is balance between resting in His grace (Being) and following His will (Doing). This is possible without legalism as long as we are following His voice and leading.

Love, MA B

08 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home