Tuesday, June 6

I guess when it rains, it pours.

Exactly one week after a call about my great grandmother, I received another call about my grandfather. This is on my dad's side of the family, however. He is currently in ICU. He is a diabetic and has been taking insulin shots for years. A few years ago he had colon cancer and went through one round of treatment. He refused to go through a second round. He has been on steroids and many other things since then. The steroids have recently begun causing problems with his sugar. When he takes them, it is way to high. When he doesn't take them, his blood platlette count drops to low. He just had the bone morrow testing done this past Tuesday. This evening when he went to the hospital, his blood sugar was over 600 (the meter quit reading) and his arms were hurting. After further tests, they concluded that he had a least one major heart attack and had at least two within a few hours after that. It has been two hours since I have heard anything.

It's been a long time since I have had to deal with this amount of loss (I know he hasn't died but it doesn't look good.)... since the divorce actually.

Lord hold me close. I don't want to react to this pain the way I reacted to the pain when I was younger. Keep me from traveling that road.

1 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Honest real grief is ok. Withdrawing within is not. come cry with me if you need to.

Praying for you, crying with you-
Love Ma Blogger

07 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home