Monday, May 30

Being still...

... is starting to drive me nuts. :) Just a year or two ago I could be by myself for days and not even blink. I welcomed the time alone. But today... I struggled to spend less than 12 hours alone. I'm taking this as a good sign. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed today, but I am ready to be around people and hang out with my friends tomorrow.

So a horrible thing has happened in my hometown. The news is now calling it the Farm House Massacre. (Is the spelling even correct?) It is a horrible thing that happened. I can't imagine. A high school senior about to graduate (literally hours away) and kills his grandparents, mother, two young girls, trys to kill his sister, and then turns the gun on himself. The police do not know what the motive was, and hope that the sister who is in critical condition in Columbus will be able to help. What caused this young man go crazy? Not even crazy, but desperate. What went through his mind? What cries for help did he give that no one saw? My mind can not wrap around the whole situation. The mom was a teacher in the Bellefontaine school system. I don't think I had her for a teacher, but if I am putting the right family with the name (and there were two different families with that last name - not related), then I know some immediate family members who are drastically effected by this. Keep them in your prayers.

Well, I just got a cake out of the oven and I need to finish it! I also need to decide if it is going to work or to group. Decisions, decisions...

2 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

So sorry group - but I think work got the cake.

I will pray for those the family left behind and that poor sister!

you could have come to my house - I wore myself out planting and I'm not done!

31 May, 2005  
Blogger Scott said...

Sad story

31 May, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home