Sunday, May 15

A couple of things are weighing heavily on my mind tonight.

1. The desire to have a family to be with and serve on Sundays. At this point I'm not aggrevated that I don't have it, simply looking forward to those days and thanking God that they will come. (I say at this point because I tend to get frustrated in this area of life every once in a while.)

2. A friend that needs Jesus. I know there are a lot of people out there that need Jesus, but my heart is burdened for this one at this point in time. I'm not sure what role God wants me to play, however. I'm not sure if I'm the one to push. He, without question, needs a strong male influence in his life, but is it okay for him to have a strong female influence as well? The problem (if you haven't guessed it) lies in the fact that He is a boy (duh) and I am a girl (ditto the duh). There is an age difference so I'm not concerned as we have been friends for a while. But when you help someone discover all that God has in store for them, you naturally grow closer and spend more time together, and I don't want the rumor train in our community to start blowing it's horn. And I know I shouldn't worry about what the community thinks, rather concentrate on what God wants, but it's too strong. Inviting him to group activities is a great solution. But when it comes to getting him to talk and think specifically about where he is, that has only happened one on one. Which is understandable. Who wants to think out loud about something you don't understand in a crowd of people. I don't!

So... that's what's on my mind. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. For now, I'm laying low until God is obvious about what to do. I feel the need to not only protect myself, but him.

Things to smile about today: (yes, I got this idea from my roomie... but it's a good one! So why not join the party?!)
:) worship
:) friends
:) softball
:) the power of the Holy Spirit (which reminds me. There's another friend (female, my age) that I really want to reach out to and begin a lasting friendship with. Pray with me that God will continue to have us conect and be able to talk about Him. We're having dinner tomorrow before the softball games!)
:) email

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

Wow, it appears that we are on the computer at the same time!!! Sure, you can add my link too, if you would like. Have a great evening.

15 May, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home