Sunday, May 8

Driving and deer and semis... oh my!

So I've been up and down the western side of Ohio today (or should I say down and up) and had quite the frightening experience on the way home. I've had to stop for deer before, but this time they were closer and when I looked in my rear view mirror... a car and a semi were really close on my tail. If I would have had to slam on my brakes any harder, I might have been rear ended. But I wasn't and my car didn't get hit and two young deer have now (hopefully) learned their lesson about US 68 traffic!

I went mushroom hunting today. We didn't find much... one and a half to be exact! Most of the group forgot what we were doing and just walked along... the rest of us, well I guess the mushrooms were just to well hidden. I wish we would have found more. It has been so long since I have had fried mushrooms. They are so good!! (and if this qualifies me as a hick... then so be it :) )

Oh... more excitement today. My brother was showing off on his four wheeler and doing pop-a-wheelies (spelling?). The first one was successful. Then, he went out on the road, was all by himself (meaning there was no one to show off for) and tried to recreate his new "talent". Needless to say, it didn't work. He couldn't get his four wheeler to go back down and when he finally did, it bounced, throwing him off into the ditch and he landed on a steel post. He is so lucky he isn't hurt worse than he is. He hurt his wrist, but claims that it is ok. He also has a scratch by his mouth on the left side of his face, along with a bigger scratch on the left side of his forehead, topped off with a goose egg/scratch/bruise between his cheek bone and eye on the left side. It looks like he may have hit the right cheek bone as well, but he says it is "sun burnt". I think the accident scared him. He came right back and put his four wheeler on his truck. Granted he left shortly there after to go riding with friends, but I'm sure he went a little easier. My guess is that he will have one really cool looking shinner and possibly even two. I'm thankful that he didn't take his eye out, or hit his temple.

Well, I must be off to bed. Have a good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home