Thursday, June 2

Ce___lebrate good times, come on! Woo hoo!

You guessed it! School is out! :) I enjoy those kids, but summer vacation always deserves a good hoot and hauler.

A few weeks before school was out, one of the parents asked all of the teachers to put one or two titles on a piece of paper, that we would like to read over the summer. I put down Where the Sidewalk Ends. I don't own a copy (didn't). So anywayz, the titles were then put on cute bookmarks and hung on a tree for parents to take and purchase the books for the staff. This morning, I got the book sitting on my desk. I didn't know who put it there until I opened the cover and found this note on fun scrapbook paper along with a picture of the child. This is what the note said:

Miss Erica,
I would like to share with you how special this book is to our family. I don't know if you are awware that J was born pre-mature and was very critical for quite some time. The firt 12 1/2 weeks of his life were spent in the Neo-Natal Intensive Care. We would visit him everyday. Some times twice a day.
Many times we weren't able to hold him, so I would read to him so that he could hear my voice. This was one of the ooks I would read, to give myself comfort as well as him. I never could have imagined back then that one day he would be reading it to me. This continues to be one of his favorite books, and it was only fitting he should choose to pass it on to you.
Enjoy the memories you create.
The F Family.

I don't tear easily, but this almost got me started.



Things to smile about today:
:) succesful surgeries
:) Where the Sidewalk Ends
:) friends and movies
:) encouragment

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

What a cool, cool idea for the parents to do with the books. Shel Silverstien is great. Although I don't own his books, I enjoy his poems. I memorized The Crocidile Went To The Dentist for a school project once....
The Crocidile Went to the Dentis and sat down in the chair
The Dentist said now tell me sir why does it hurt and where...
It looks like I am stopping because I don't want to bore you, but in actuality, that is where my memory gives out.

Sad, huh.

03 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home