Sunday, June 5

It's 7:00 on a Sunday night and I'm sitting here trying to decide what to blog about and how I want to word the things that will come out. I can't promise that this post will be bubbly happy... I don't feel bubbly happy.

I went to my hometown today to trade my care with my step-dad's truck and then pick up a gas grill that my dad is giving me. While at home, I found out that my dad's parents had gone to Canada. I didn't think much about it because it used to be a norm for them every summer. I did find it odd because I didn't think grandma had the energy... they didn't even make it in Florida all winter. But nonetheless... they went and I thought nothing more about it. After sitting on the front porch for awhile, my dad told my youngest siblings to go inside. He and my step-mom then starting asking Wes (my brother) if he would be willing to move into his house that he was prepping to rent out so that my grandmother could move in with them. I continued to learn that they went to Canada so that grandpa could "fish up there one last time." And he hasn't even been able to fish. I think he has gone twice. Instead, he has been throwing up and getting very weak. As of now he isn't even sure if he can drive home. My grandparents are not that old. They aren't even old! Early 60's, maybe mid. And yet, both of their health is going down hill. Grandma has had several heart attacks... we all agree that it is her stubborness that has kept her here. Grandpa... had cancer 2 or 3 years ago and refuzed treatment after the first round of chemo. He is pretty sure it is back... and it sounds like it is coming quickly.

I haven't lost anyone close to me in a long time. I lost a friend in High School and my great grandfather when I was 6. Other than that... all my relatives are either healthy or I was to young to remember them. I prepped myself for my grandma's death years ago... not that it will make it any easier. In fact, I'll probably have to go through the whole process again. But my grandpa... I hadn't even thought about it until now. I don't even really get to see them that often. Three or four times a year. Which is horrible considering how all of my aunt's and uncle's have stayed in the immediate area and my cousins and I are the first generation to even move out of the county.

I gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home