Saturday, October 21

Pumpkin Apple Butter Pie

Baking the pumpkin: Cut pumpkin in half. Remove seeds and the "stringy icky stuff". Cut in half again. Fill valley with a little water. Wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet. Place in 350 degree oven for 45 min. to an hour and a half (depends on the size of the pumpkin and how many you cook at once. Two pumpkins will take longer than one! :) ) Pumpkin is properly cooked when it is completely soft. Once out of the oven, use a spoon to seperate the pulp from the skin or turn pulp side down and peel the skin off.

Pie:
Mix together:
1 cup pumpkin (it helps to beat the pumpkin by itself to make mushy)
1 cup apple butter

Add:
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
3 eggs
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup evaporated milk

Pour mix into a graham cracker crust. (I normally get the crust that claims to have the extra serving. If I make it myself, I use a slightly larger pie pan size.)

Bake at 350 (I only bake at 325 because it is a gas oven) for 30 to 40 min. The longer you cook it the more firm it will set.

I will note that I have found this pie to be better the second or third day. The crust becomes moist from the pie and the flavors seem to blend even more so after some time.

Enjoy m.a.b.!

******************
Good to see you to Mel. (Ha! I've responded :P )
*****************

Things to smile about:
:) Encouragement in the photographic world
:) fri. night with friends
:) God's protection over Steph
:) the sleep I will get tonight
:) conversations with J that make me giggle

1 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

THANKS for the recipe - it's printing as we speak!

I checked out your web site and it looks beautiful so far!

love MA B

22 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home