Tuesday, September 14

I'm just wondering...

So my aunt's getting married Nov. 6th. We've started to get to the details that are fun, such as flower arrangments and shower invitations. I had fun making both and was excited to know that she loved them. Her colors are wine and silver. Not the easiest colors to work with when it comes to flowers, but it turned out really neat.

She is so excited and fun to watch. Randomly she was just blurt out, "I'm getting married! Isn't that exciting?!?" You can just see the happiness and joy that is in her life. Not that she didn't have it before, but it has just been increased to a whole new level.

Then there are the two dear friends of mine that recently got married. I had the honor of helping them as well. I spent tonight with them helping with the "tear down" of the flower arrangments and then having dinner. They were too cute. They also have the happiness and joy that has advanced to a different level. Praise God for the blessings He showers down on us. Married or not...

I will confess, as if it wasn't obvious, that I want to move on to this different level of joy and happiness with someone else in my life. It isn't any less or more than the joy that I can have being single, just different. I am very greatful for the things that I have learned while being single. I believe that I will be a better wife someday having learned things now. And I know that I have way more to learn, but I'm ready to start that journey. I'm ready to step out and push and develope my character. Yes there are things to continue working on until that time does come and I will continue to strengthen my character in my current relational status, but I'm ready to be able to do that with someone at my side. I'm just wondering when God thinks I'll be ready... or when he (whom ever he is...) will be ready.

As tired as I am waiting, I'm willing to wait longer until God has completed in us all He wants to complete. I just pray that I can continue to grow and learn until then.

Lord don't let it be long. You know my heart. You know my desires. They are yours. Help me let go to the things I want and hold tightly to the things You desire... and if they are the same... allow them to come to be and be strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home