Tuesday, January 4

God's perfect timing

I was reminded several times today about God's perfect timing. I needed it. I forget sometimes that He is God and that my schedule isn't the best. :) I left work late and decided that I didn't want to think about dinner. So... I choose to go to Panera. I was ordering and after I gave my name I heard "Erica Ropp." It was so weird. She said it in a tone that was as if she hadn't seen me in 10 years, but really it was my roomie! :) She was downtown shopping and decided to eat at Panera too. How fun it was to spend dinner with her.

There were other little things that reminded me of His timing today, as well. Like timing of phone calls and fun little notes. I was very blessed today.

Part of me feels guilty. God has been so good to me lately, and I have had one of the worst attitudes at work. I was at work for a half hour today and had to go find a spot to sit quietly and get focused on God again because I was spiraling downhill fast. It doesn't help that the first thing I got to handle this morning was the security system and the new alarm that no one had a code to in order to shut it off. I'll tell you one thing, if someone does break in, the sound of that alarm will send them right back out of the building. It is horrendous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it echos so beautifully down that hallway and in the parent foyer...

So anywayz, be praying that I can have a positive attitude and not let the devil get a hold in the school. I need to be steady, stable and strong... being frustrated or having a poor attitude will dilute that without a problem.

Well, I'm off. Good night, sleep well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

I enjoyed our unplanned dinner, too! It was fun, and another blessing of living in a small town and being the recipients of gift certificates! :o) We're pretty darned blessed, arent' we?

05 January, 2005  
Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Hey

It was God's timing that as soon as I heard my uncle Claude died on Tuesday the phone rang and it was you. Hopefully today - thursday - will be full of better news than the last two!

Thanks for being you!

06 January, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home