Wednesday, December 29

Day 3...

... and I forgot to comment on day 2. Day 2 actually went very well. We returned the wall paper that didn't work and as I was walking out of the isle with the new textured wall paper, I saw the answer!!! It's a wall paper that you rip and then put on the wall. It is heavier and a marbled look, so you can't see through it and you can't see the seams of the wall paper underneath either! It looks really good. I'm glad that I saw it on the way out. The only hurdle is that it is a little more expensive than regular wall paper, but dad likes it enough that he doesn't care. I also started painting the room off of the kitchen. I am using the paint that was meant for the kitchen and it goes really well. I've only done one wall, but at most, I'll do the wall parallel to it. The cream colored walls contrast well with the light peach color I picked out. I also used a really cool technique that softened the color even more. I painted about a squar foot at a time, and then used a Wal-Mart plastic bag (inside out) to smush it. When you take the plastic bag off, it leaves lines from where the paint came off and gives it a neat little effect of a textured wall. I know it sounds a little odd, but it really works and looks really cool. Almost a sponging effect, only I like this better. :)

So, it is half way through day 3 and I now have two walls done in the kitchen and only one left. (The fourth wall may bet torn out from the ceiling to counter top level to create more cabinet space and a nice big window to open up the kitchen more.) I'm hoping that I will only spend another two to three hours on the kitchen. The ripping takes a while though. You have to get the right size pieces after a while... even though you slightly overlap the edges.

Anywayz, I should go work some more. I want to get this done! I was hoping to be back in BG tomorrow. We'll see if I get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home