Monday, December 27

Day 1...

... 30 year old wall paper * 1 on top, 1 on bottom with a border in the middle * 4 hours and less than one wall done * wall paper (when coming off) taking the first layer of dry wall with it * decision made to not paint, but re-wall paper * beautiful wall paper found at Lowe's * brought home, put one piece up, and you can see the old wall paper through it * give up and try the wall paper in another room * even though it is self-adhesive... it won't completely seal to the wall * give up cause that room is going to get painted with the paint that was orginally meant for the kitchen * 12 hours later, and I'm completely frustrated with a messy kitchen with wall paper on three walls and partially off of another wall... and seems that show through on any new paper that we may decide to put up!

HELP!!!! I need a solution for the kitchen. Well, I had a solution, but dad doesn't like the idea really. I say we just put up new dry wall on the existing walls. Start clean! Something about to much money... doesn't money grow on trees? :)

So, I don't know where to go from here. All I know for sure is that I have a gallon of paint that needs to be used, four rolls of wall paper that need to be returned and only two days to do something so that the kitchen isn't a disaster before I leave to come back to BG.

I guess I'll sleep on it.

1 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Quick! oh maybe I should call you since I didn't see this yesterday....go return the wallpaper and buy texture wallpaper - it is very heavy, will cover the mess and make a nice surface to paint over...sorry it didn't work out as easily as you planned!

love
MAB

29 December, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home