Monday, December 20

1/2 birthday blooper

Okay, so I know that I'm at work, but this was to funny and I had to blog about it right away.

Here at Montessori, we celebrate half birthdays for the children whose birthday's fall in the summer. (We also celebrate the other children's birthday's).

Anywayz, today there was a half birthday for a third grader. She came into the office after her classroom celebration to give the office staff one of her cookies that she had made. L told her happy birthday and the child corrected her saying that it was her half birthday. So, L said, "Well then maybe we should wish you a hap birth". And then me, in my open mouth insert foot mode, said ... "or, could we wish you a Ppy Day." (The second half of Hap Birth...) Obviously it came out sounding like Pee Day. I think the office staff about lost it. I did too! I know my face turned red.

Okay, gotta go back to work.

1 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Wow - I missed that completely...

pretty funny!!!

20 December, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home