Friday, December 17

It's Friday...

... doesn't that say it all?

Today was hard. There is a lot of stress in the work place and my heart is burdened for so many people. It got the better of me today. I had to leave. I didn't actually leave work, but I did sneak away to a stairwell that isn't used that often and sat there and cried. I can see how we are hurting. I see the effects that it is having on relationships... and it is all to much for me to take in right now. I want to help. I want to relieve stress. I want people to consider the important, throw away the "little" stuff and not forget that our first priority is to love one another. To speak to one another in love, to think about one another in love, to help one another in love, and to trust one another in love. Everything we do... it is a must. There is no other way to do it. I am just as guilty as everyone else that works there. We've had our down times, we've had our up times. Right now happens to be a down time... and we need to remember to learn from this. We have our strengths... we have our weakness. My fear is that weaknesses are being focused on instead of encouraged to strengthen. Our worries are becoming our mindset instead of the hope.

Father, heal our staff. We all carry different burdens and wounds. Some received from each other, some received outside of the school family. Either way, let us lean on each other instead of ourselves. Let us be open insted of closed. Allow us to care for each other instead of keeping each other wounded. Father help us. We are tired... exhausted... worried... annoyed... fearful... disgusted... hurt...
We need cleansed. We need an emotional detox. But I also know that we need to be willing. Holy Spirit move in our lives to break down walls. Soften our hearts and let them not be hardened by past circumstances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home