Saturday, November 20

music, trees and pies to come...

I'm sitting in my kitchen listening to music being played by my room mate and one of her friends. It's pretty cool. They are playing folk music. Rachel on the accordian and Rhena on the violin. It is a really neat combination. It's like a festival in my living room! :)

To make it even more fun... I'm looking at my newly decorated living room. I got bored this morning, and with boredum always comes a big project that entails more than I can do. But, nonetheless, I go for it anywayz.
The couch was moved slightly (although it was in three different places before it got there), the chairs and hopechest are also slightly different because of how the couch is arranged. And then there is the piano. I moved it. Yes, I moved the piano. It was quite the funny thing to watch. I'm glad that no one was here! It use to be angled in one of the corners. Now it is flush against one wall. I was using one of the walls as my base that I was pushing off of while my back and hips were pushing the piano. It didn't take long, but it took a lot of energy. So, I was left with an empty corner. What else do you do with an empty corner than put a Christmas tree in it?!?
I had fun! I think I spent three hours on the tree. I'm not sure. I didn't put a watch on today... so who knows exactly how much time I spent doing anything.

My other option today was to bake some pumpkin pies from scratch. That required going to the store to get evaporated milk, however. Somehow... I think that might have been the easier option. Oh well, I'll enjoy doing that later this week. The pumpkin has been cooked... I just need to throw everything together.

Well, I'm off. Not sure what I'm going to do, but something I'm sure. I should probably clean up and finish putting everything back together. Boxes need to go back to the storage shed.

If you get a chance...come by and see the tree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home