Sunday, October 31

Wow... It feels like it has been forever since I have been on here. So much as happened. Where to begin?!?

The coolest thing that has happened, was by far, the fact that I got to drive my step-dad's F150 around all weekend. I love driving trucks! You are up high off the road and it feels so much more safe than my car. But, I have to give it back tomorrow :(. He needs it to hull lumber... go figure.

Anywayz, I had the truck to help with the Fall Festival. The festival turned out great. I don't know exactly how many we had there, but it had to of been around 80. The band had fun (at least I hope) and everyone enjoyed dancing to the accordian. The students and kids got a kick out of the hay ride and pumpkin carving, as well. The only bad thing was the wind. And it did cause a lot of problems. No fire could be lit for the bonfire, and the mics for the band had to be covered... that was interesting. It all worked out in the end, and I am, without question, ready to wait a year before I plan anything that big again.

Let's see... what else?

I do have a guest for the wedding. He's driving down by himself on sat., though. I can't believe someone would want to drive 2 hours by themselves to attend a wedding of people they have met once. But, oh well... he's going.

I've also had a new sense of letting things go. God has been teaching me over the last couple of weeks of things that I need to let go. I know that I need to let everything go, but He is being kind and specifically pointing those things out. Things I didn't really know I had a grip on. Looking back I can see it, and I doubt I have fully let go. But when this all started, I didn't have a clue. I really appreciate how God let's us give things up on our own. I think it helps us in understanding just how complex things can be and how little we have control over them, even when we try our hardest.

I need to keep the "hands off" policy in the front of my mind... every second.

Lord, continue to work in my life. Continue to show me the things that I need to hand over to you. Help me keep my hands off the things that I have been clinging to for so long. It's time to let them go. I want to let them go. Life is much better when it is the way you intended it to be. Help me to not mess it up any longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home