Monday, October 4

the longest blog ever...

Eventful... there's no other word. My weekend was crazy! Most of it was a good crazy, but nonetheless... things need to slow down a little or I'm going to get run over by my own two feet!

Friday night started with the straight and boring drive to Bellefontaine. I can normally get into a cd or even the radio, but once I hit Dunkirk... I'm ready stop. The only problem, is that Dunkirk is only half way there. Anywayz, I get to Bellefontaine and go straight to my dad's house. I arrive, only to find that Dad and Sherry are not there with the kids. They proceed to tell me that Grandma had fallen on Thurs. and that she was on her way to the emergency room to get her hip checked out. She thought that she had broken it. My grandmother is not in the greatest of health and our family has a tendency to rush to the hospital for everything, but, even so, she was in a lot of pain and wanted to get it looked at. The first set of details that I had received included her falling on her hip that was replaced a few years ago and that the bones surrounding the replacement, were the ones that were broken. However, after beginning the paperwork for the emergency room, she explained that she had actually fallen on her hip that needs to be replaced. So, the doctor took some x-rays and told her that it was not broken, just a little bruised, and that the pain was caused by her bones rubbing against each other.

The kids and I ended up going out to eat at Subway and renting a movie. When we were at the hospital the second time (after supper) the ambulance had pulled up and taken a body straight to the morgue. My brother, who is 12, started getting freaked out when he came to the realization that dead bodies were inside the hospital. I don't know where he thought they went, but he didn't like the idea of being in the same building as them. He started asking questions about the morgue and what they do to the bodies, but at the same time didn't want to hear the answers. It lead into a great conversation, however, about Heaven and how to get there. We ended up talking about it in the car on the way back to Dad's house. I got to explain that going to Heaven meant that you loved God, read His Word and lived your life for Him. (I used different words to help explain this to a 13 and 10 year old) This conversation then brought up questions like: Do you have to attend church to go to Heaven? What do you do once you read the Bible once? What does it say about... how to love God, what to do... etc.

Needless to say, it was a great conversation! I also found out, through Travis (brother) that Dad does still read his Bible everyonce in a while and keeps it right on top of his dresser. How often that is?... I don't know. Travis and Mickayla (sister) both expressed that all they had were "kid" Bibles and wanted a "real" one. I think I know what I'm getting them for Christmas!!

To continue on... Friday night ended with me at Mom and Mike's house reading my book and enjoying a nice night's of sleep in a queen size bed!!

Saturday I awoke with a list of "to do" a mile long. Mom and I went to the grocery store and got some final things for the shower and then went to Aunt Tammy's house to decorate and arrange furniture. 26 women ended up coming. We had a great time and laughed a lot.

Saturday night wasn't eventful, as I just had to drive back to BG. I spent most of the trip in silence. It was so good! I need to incorporate more silence time into my life.

Sunday was church with a really good lesson and some powerful music. I'm not just saying that because I play keyboard. I'm saying it because I could actually hear the congregation singing at one point in time. You know that when they are singing loud enough for us to hear them over our monitors, that they are really with the Spirit and praising God with all that they have. Not that they are not in the Spirit when I can't hear them, it's just a really good audio sign that God is being honored as He should. We, as a church, have a long way to go, but, at the same time, we are not where we used to be. I look forward to continue growing closer to God as a family...

Even after all of the fun that I had... it wasn't over. Sunday after church, I was getting into my car (at my house - going to the store) and my left ankle folded on me. No warning, no weakness, just folded. Thankfully, I had taken off the heals and was wearing a shoe that only had an inch sole. My ankle didn't have far to go. It went numb and cracked (actually in the reverse order) and I managed to hop inside where I iced it and wrapped it. I, of course, still had to go to the store. So, I waited about a half hour and went to Kroger to buy the ingredients that made my first batch of dressing for the holiday season. Boy, was it good!

Concluding my evening with Bible study, I was ready to come home and go to bed. Which, after typing this and reflecting on the day I had today... I'm ready to do the same.

Sweet dreams.

1 Comments:

Blogger notreallydoingthis said...

bowersltd@yahoo.com

03 March, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home