Thursday, October 28

Just enough at just the right time

It amazes me to watch God work.

This weekend is a festival for the International students. At the beginning of this week, the list was a mile long as to the things that are needed to pull this off. And even though there is still a list, it is much shorter and I am awed at the response.

We are hoping to have 150 people at this event. One of the activities is pumpkin carving. At the beginning of the week we only had 12 or so pumpkins. Yesterday I received a phone call. Someone donated 100 pumpkins!! 100!!! How cool! My expectation of more than 100 felt like it was to far fetched, but God answered! :) Volunteers are another big area that I need help with. Especially with set up and tear down. Thus far, I have people to help tear down, but I would like a few more for set up. With one day left to find these people, I'm a little hesitant. But God has proven Himself faithful and I am willing to lean on that.

It hasn't just been for the festival that God has been faithful. In my personal life, I have been struggling with an extreme lack of energy. There are a few reasons as to why, but not all of it adds up. I've been yelled at to go to the doctor, but when the check book reads seven dollars... it's a little hard. I did call for financial back up from mom, but I have to wait two to three days until that can come in. Until then, I'm going to take some pre-natal vitamins that were suggested and see if those help.
Anywayz, God has really helped me through this week. I've needed for Him to carry me some this week and He has. I didn't know it at the time, but as I look back, I can see where my footprints stop and then come back.

There is one good thing to being tired... I don't have enough energy to think! Therefore, I don't over think anything! That, in and of itself, has been great! :) Boys... who cares! Finances... it'll get here some how! And my past... praise God I don't have to relive it everyday!!!

Well, I'm off. I think I might take a nap before worship practice. There are two sessions tonight and I'm in the second set.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home