Saturday, October 9

Words of wisdom

I don't even know where to begin.

So many thoughts and emotions have gone through my head and my heart that I can not begin to describe them.

I just spent two days in Atlanta with 8,500 people and great speakers. They had challenging things to say and yes, my butt got kicked several times. The timing of this trip could not have been more perfect. Things were confirmed, tossed and corrected so many times. It was so good to sit and listen to leaders who have traveled the road and have been at the stopping points that I am currently coming to.

There were several quotes that came about this weekend. The one that has made the biggest impact, came from Erwin McManus:

If you are big enough for your dream, your dream is not big enough for you.

How true is this!?! If I can accomplish all that I want to accomplish, then it isn't big enough and God is not my dependent. I am the dependant! But why would I want to be the dependant? So... dreams get increased and desires get magnified and the confidence that God is with me becomes greater. Yet, my abilities and my strengths remain the same.... allowing my dream to become bigger than me and God to be the dependant. The great thing is... this new, bigger dream has now become possible. But not by me... through me, by God.


Other quotes that I like but might comment on later:

Live everday knowing something bigger is going on. - Andy Stanley

Just because you don't understand it, see it, or get it, doesn't mean God doesn't. - Stanley

You have never had a though about God that is better than He is. - Brian McLaren

Sometimes we try to write the end before we finish the introduction. - McManus

You can only find the Kingdom with your heart. - John Eldredge

Don't make agreements with the smaller theme. - Eldredge

Of course it is hard to live from the heart, but it is worth it. - Eldrege

We are so concerned about our kids being good that we forget to extend the offer for them to be great. - Bill Strickland

You have to see what other people don't see with confidence. - Chuck Colson

You don't need to know the end, you just need to be obedient today! - John Maxwell

Place your ambition for God under your submisson to God. - Maxwell

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Cool...thanks for all the "pearls"...wish I could have been there, but I appreciate all of you bringing it back to me.....you already are all making a difference...teaching me...thanks for being Christ.

10 October, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home