Monday, November 8

Only down south...

... are you the Maid of Honor for your Aunt - who is 11 DAYS older than you.

... are you adopting an Uncle that is 1.5 years younger than you.

... do you find out that you are related to the Best Man and one of the Groomsmen, during the Bridal party dance, after having spent the past 36 hours together.

... do you attend a wedding where over 50% of the vehicles driven are trucks... including some of the Bride's maid's vehicle.


So I'm sitting here, in my living room, missing the community meal for the first time. It saddens me... to not be able to be there. I'm not so sure if I like it. In fact, I know I don't like it. I've had to miss out on a lot lately, and it is only the beginning of it all.
Thurs. the docotor called and said that I have mono. He told me that I wasn't allowed to work for a short period of time and that I couldn't do anything active for at least one month. I told him not working wasn't an option. Not being active is going to be a chore. My life is so fast pace. Not to the point of exhaustion, but having this dead hault put on is definitly not cool. I think I would have been able to attend the meal tonight, except that the wedding took so much energy out of me. I was upa total of 7.5 hours on Sunday and I've only been up for 4 hours today. It is unbelievable to me how much I have slept lately. I wake up feeling pretty good, but 2 to 3 hours later... I'm ready to go to bed. I hope that I can go to work tomorrow and accomplish all that needs to be done. I did it for two weeks before knowing for sure that I had mono... I should be able to keep going.... right?

Anywayz, the wedding was beautiful. I am very honored to have been the one standing beside Tonia. I'll never forget they way her and Daniel looked that night.

The reception was a blast! Yes, I did find out that I was related to 33% of the groomsmen! I guess they are 3rd cousins of mine. How odd is that?!? We had the special dances, cut the cake, full course meal (not in this order) and lots of laughs. One of my responsibilities, was to collect the money for the dollar dance. Someone gave $50.00 to dance with the Bride! I knew right then that I need to be getting married soon!!! ;) J/k... although it would be nice.
Oh my goodness... my hair. It was cute, but so not me. I can't wait to get the pictures back. My hair was a cross between pippy longstocking and cindy luhoo. There was so much hairspray in it that it took multiple washings to get it out. You should have seen me trying to undo it. You would have laughed. I had to take pins out, pony tails out, and yes... I had to untie my hair! There were several double knots in it.

Anywayz, I've been up for 2.5 hours and, unfortunately, I'm getting tired again. I need to finish my cards from the Fall Festival and get some laundry going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home