Wednesday, November 17

Grandpa update

Well, I've now heard that Grandpa is home from the second round of testing. They can't find anything wrong. The blood tests came back negative (which is a postive thing), but they still can't find what is causing all of the pain. My dad reminded the doctors that the last time they did these tests, nothing showed up, and Grandpa ended up having a heart attack. But, until something signals a concern, the doctors won't do anything.

Anywayz...

I've been living life a little differently this week. I like the change. I hope it is something that I can create into a habit.

Sunday Pastor Scott spoke about passing our faith on to our children. And although I do not have children, it was a great lesson to hear. The main theme that I got out of the entire teaching, was to keep in mind that how I live today will effect many generations to come. My attitude, my actions, my thoughts and my prayers. They all matter. They all have a part in determining where and how the future will take place. If I keep a negative attitude, a negative spirit will run through my family to be... however, if I choose to have a positive attitude, hopefully those around me and my family to be will choose to look at life in that manner as well. The same holds to true with every part of my life. So... I have asked myself multiple times and pray that I will not forget to continue to ask... "In 100 years... will this decision matter, will this disagreement be of significance, how will this point in time be an impact?"
I have to admit... it has changed some actions and attitudes already this week. I hope that it continues to be a tool that God uses to make me more like Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home