Saturday, November 13

Out with the old... in with the new

I've slowly been entering this new stage of life where I can not stand any clutter. It is driving me nuts to look at things (my bedroom in particular) and see items that have not been touched in years, except to be moved. I can't stand it anymore, and it has to go. The only problem is that I also hate to throw things away. Junk, yes. Have used notebooks, pens and random arts and craft stuff... what do you do with it all? I don't feel like I can give it to anyone because it has been used, but I don't feel like I can throw it away, because it hasn't been used up! It's a vicious cycle that can end any day now.

Despite this cycle, I have been able to get rid of two trashbags full. Papers from college and old markers that don't work, etc. I can't believe I let things build up this much. And there is so much more to go through. It is actually quite overwhelming when I think about it.

Nonetheless, things have to go. I want simplicity. I need simplicity. I've made life much more chaotic than it needs to be. Both in materials and activities.

The more I think about it, the more I'm looking forward to the new lifestyle that is ahead of me.

... more inspiration to throw another trashbag full away before bed! :) Night

1 Comments:

Blogger notreallydoingthis said...

once you get into the "clean sweep" mode the gratification will keep you going... you should even see my husband's closet:) a frequent victim!
see marie if you don't know who this is

15 November, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home