Thursday, December 9

battin a thousand...

...okay, so not really. I've actually struck out multiple times.

~wrong size sheets for scenes
~not seasoning the stone before cooking

Thank you Lord, for an understanding roommie.


Things have been a little crazy around here lately. Some unexpected work came up at the school that has occupied both Tammy's and my time. I think we've got the bulk of it done, but things will come up for the next few months. The "Oh, yeah..." moments.

Big furniture/office items have been coming to the school. We are running out of room to put them anywhere. Our library has become a storage unit. The good news is that the addition will be done in a few days! The occupancy permit needs to come... and that will take a little bit of time (given the past record with the city). Nonetheless, classes should begin in the new classrooms on January 3, 2005.

2005!!! Can you believe it is so soon?!? That blows my mind away. How crazy to think such things.

This next statement will come as a shock to at least one of you (and just so you know, I didn't fill you in before now because it was something I needed to pray about and work through). I think a few of you may know. Anywayz.... Don't let your heart and mind get ahead of your reading m.a.b.

Over the last couple of months, and opportunity was/has been/ and is still before me, to live in Uraguay. I have been asked to start an ESL (English as a Second Language) program for a small college there. All expenses paid. Starting this next July through November (second semester for them), and then returning in February for a full school year. I would be teaching soon to be pastors the English language so that they could communicate with their sister churches here in the states. I've never been given an opportunity to do something long term like this, and being single with very little debt (although it feels like a ton), this would be the perfect time to go.

However, I don't feel the Lord's leading to go. I left teaching last year for a reason. It wasn't my passion. Looking back now, I think I was trying to find what God wanted me to do with my life... I was simply trying different things until "the shoe fit". I know now that my profession or job and what city I live in are not "what" God wants me to do with my life. They are the "how". The "what" is to praise, honor and glorify Him. I've been working on that, and in the process... I feel that I have been given the freedom to choose the "how" - Admin. Assitant in Bowling Green.

This decision was very hard for me to make. I have a passion and a burden for different countries. And to be given the opportunity to go to a Spanish speaking country, where I was wanted and to have experiences that would radically change my life... was very hard for me to turn down. I honestly believe that even though God has called me to be a missionary in other countries... that as of right now, long term is not His "how". And Uraguay would have been long term... probably 5 to 10 years long.

(Deep breath) It feels good to be able to finally blog about this. It has been so heavy on my heart lately. I went through periods of thinking that I was going for sure and wondering how I was going to tell everyone here. And then to watch some situations unfold... this was one of the bigger struggles I have had (with myself). It still kinda blows my mind away... to think that I turned down a mission opportunity. Oh well. I am at peace with the decision and I am positive it is part of God's plan.

2 Comments:

Blogger middle aged blogger said...

Hey

I am sorry you may have felt you couldn't be blogging your way through this decision. (I would have coped).

Never never forget we work in a mission field. The better our relationships with families, the more we can share when appropriate about our lives, & the more we can make a difference.

God has given you to our school and I am extremely grateful!

MAB

10 December, 2004  
Blogger Danielle said...

Cool... Hey, why is so font so giant on your blog. I always feel like I need to read it from across the room! :o)

10 December, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home