Saturday, December 11

Prayer request

Some of you have read this through our prayer chain, but I wanted to post it for those who are not in BG and have the opportunity to pray as well.

I am blown away to think of all the blessings God has showered upon me. He has restored my health, turned my finances into a positive situation, given me a strong family through the church and healed some wounds with my biological family. He tells me everyday that He loves me by putting the simplest surprises in my day to make me smile. He also shows that He loves me by giving me obstacles to build strength and character. He carries me when I need carried, encourages me when I'm down, and corrects me when I'm wrong. I know that all that I do will never measure to the one act He did, but I choose to try anyway. It's the least I can do to say thank you.
I also know that His power surpases anything. But as it has been mentioned... in order for complete restoration to occur, the person/s involved need to want it. My prayer request is that you pray for the heart's of my friend Amy's family. Amy and her parents are Christians. I know that Amy is faithful and lives the lifestyle that God is calling her to live. I'm not sure where her parents faith stands. And given the following information, I can only imagine that they are desperate to feel strength. Amy has two brothers. One is being home schooled when her mother's health is stable. Her mother has a health condition dealing with her lungs that can never be healed (according to earthly medicine). Lately, her health has been failing. A year ago, she went through similar downfalls and nearly died. She is quickly getting to that state again and has no choice but to wait to do something because hey have a strong chance of getting kicked off of their insurance because Amy's dad has been told he will not have a job in the next few days. On top of all of this, Amy's oldest brother, who is 21, is back in jail. (I think this may be the third time since he was 15. His heart is completely cold towards God and has been that way for a while. He grew up in a home that had faith and has betrayed nearly every biblical lesson he has been taught. Amy's youngest brother is following in his footsteps. Needless to say, all of this stress is one of the main reasons why their mother's health is quickly going. Please be in prayer for this family. A lot of work needs done and my heart is tempted to say that since there is so much restoration needed, it may never happen. But I know that isn't the truth and God can not be limited. I'll admit I'm not sure where or what to be praying for first, but God knows what needs to take place and the Holy Spirit knows where to move. I fully believe in the power of prayer, and our church has proven this. I also know that Amy will appreciate it. Her brother's hearts need to be changed! They need to give up the temporary pleasures of the world and come back to the love of God that I know they have felt when they were young.
P.S. Amy just recently moved to California and her family is in Cincinnati. Just one more bit of information that makes the situation a little harder for Amy and her parents as they are trying to be a support system for each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home