Monday, December 27

I don't have a title... you'll just have to read

It came and went so fast! I can't believe Christmas is already over. I did get to see a lot of family members... and a good friend of mine. I learned today that another cousin sprouted! My aunt and uncle has a foster child. He seems to be very pleasant and shy. He has only lived with them for one week. They are hoping to be able to allow him to live with them until he is 18 or out of the system. I believe he is currently 13. He has had a hard life. Praise God for the protection He gave me, and for the protection He is now giving Joe.

My mind is thinking about so many things that I don't know where to begin or what to blog about. The amount of snow on the ground is crazy! I guess that speaks the loudest right now. We got over 20 inches in Bellefontaine and another storm of equal value is going to hit in a week and a half. There are snow mounds 5 to 6 feet high already... where is the snow from this storm going to go? Speaking of snow mounds... I went into one today. It wasn't bad. I was trying to turn into my uncle's drive way (because my brother parked in the easy end to pull into) and I didn't make the turn sharp enough. Of course, it is rather difficult to turn a 135 degree angle... on snow... with very little clearance. Needless to say... I put the front end of my car in the snow pile. Lucky for me, my uncle was just getting home from work.. (saw the whole thing... laughed for a little while) and got it out for me. My brother had to push the front end. It was quite eventful. I must add that it was the first time I have put my car in the snow... knock on wood.

Well, it's late. I just got home from visiting my friend in Urbana, but I'm tired and need to go to bed. Tomorrow starts the construction! Okay, so it's not construction, but I am ripping wall paper all day and will hopefully be able to paint Tuesday. (My Christmas present to my father and step mother who currently have pink wall paper, orange counter tops, and dark brown cupboards...) Getting rid of the pink is a good start... and I think I have convinced them to spend a little money and put in new countertops too! Eventually, I will get them out of the 60's as far as decorating their kitchen goes!

Night :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home