Friday, March 4

To deserve was the wrong question...

... asking if we deserve anything implies we have earned something through either positive or negative behavior. It is an end result to a process. But God has called us to a life that has been redeemed through grace. We have done nothing to earn where we are. We are because He Is. Period.

Therefore, we must live as if He Is and not think as if He is not. We can not live life thinking on selfish terms of what we get/or don't get, nor can we live expecting to get what we have earned or deserve. We don't need to earn anything. We have everything given to us freely.

So how does this apply to me now??? The obvious (to me) is that I have found another layer of selfishness that I need to die to. The world and how I think about it has been opened up in front of my eyes. I've never been one to think people deserve good or bad based upon behavior, but as I travel through life I may find more than I've noticed before.

This also applies to me now, in a sense of what God wants for me. I feel like I'm over the first hurdle... and the whole race is still to come. I can see the end... I just can't see what is there to greet me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home