Monday, June 13

Crabapple

That was the mood of the day.

Apparently when I woke up this morning and tried to convince myself that it wasn't Monday (see post below), I knew how crabby I was going to be and didn't want to go through the day like that. The day was very interruptive, my allergies were driving me nuts and I have a relative coming to town... causing me to be stressed out! :)

Anywayz, there were good things that happened today. My drug fairy blessed me again. Cool huh?!? I have a drug fairy. I don't know who it is. They have managed to keep their identity a secret... for a while now that I think about it. This person or persons pays for my prescriptions and any other medicine that I need to pick up. So when I picked up my prescription today and got a second allergy medicine... it was at no cost. Part of me wishes that I knew who the person was so I could thank them. Okay, not part of me. All of me. I'm not one for surprises or unknowns.

So I had a great conversation with God tonight. I have been in a valley for some time now with temporary bursts of sunshine. I feel like spiritually I have been in a complaining mood for way to long. So when I told God that I was tired of being in this slump and complaining mood He said "Me too." At first I was a little surprised. I didn't think I was being heard. I've had this convesation before but it felt like it bounced right back only in an echo and louder. But tonight... I finally heard His voice. He continued to tell me (once I shut up) that I needed to choose to quit complaining and start praising and thanking. This is so fundamental and I felt like I knew it as soon as He said it. Like I had known it for some time actually. So I started thanking Him for anything and everything around me.

What I learned tonight: fast walking + talking with God = a good way to stop being a crabapple.

Things to smile about today:
:) my drug fairy
:) dinner with a friend
:) a walk with God
:) clean house (thanks roomie)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home