Wednesday, June 29

I learned a lot today... It was kinda random and not really what I sought out for, but interesting none the less. I called my mom to explain to her that I was no longer employed until Aug. and somehow we got into a conversation about our family heritage. Oh! That's right... she wants me to go on vacation with her and Mike, another family couple and some friends from the lake. They are going to N. Carolina, where the Scottish games will be taking place (now, bringing us back to our family tree...). The Armstrong (my mom's maiden name) family is Scottish. In fact, we still own a castle over in Scotland! Not that we know any of our relatives over there, but it is still in the family. Anywayz, I found out that the Armstrong clan use to go by another name. They weren't known for the kindness. I forget the term my mother used, but it was explained that we were theives and during the "depression" time over there, we would steal food and goods from Ireland in order to provide for ourselves (apparently they lived right on the border). Then one day... a lord was in trouble and running from someone and one of our "clan" was riding a horse, pulled the lord onto the back of the horse using his one free arm (as the other had to guide the horse)... and from then forward, our family name became Armstrong! Who da thunk.

I got my desk cleaned out of all personal decorations and papers, took my slippers back to my classroom, and left the school for the last time as the Admin. Assistant. It doesn't feel weird yet. I"m sure as I set up the classroom and when we have our first orientation it will really sink in. I am looking forward to it! I can't wait to get into the classroom and get the shelves in order. It is driving me nuts! But, I do believe I will take at least tomorrow off before going back in. Overall, the think that excites me the most is that I don't have any more "alarm" days until the end of August! (minus Sundays) I'm not sure what I am going to do with all of this free time, but a week in N. Carolina and a week in Cali (yes I get to go!!!!!) should fill the month of July pretty well. :)

Things to smile about today:
:) Two vacations in one month! (The first vacation(s) that I will be going on since 1992)
:) Rain and thunder

3 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

I was thinking of you a lot today. Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you.

29 June, 2005  
Blogger Jennifer from Ohio said...

Cool Story. Wish that I had a castle....wait, change that thought. I can't stand to clean the house that I have, a castle would be unbearable.
Congrats on a great summer in front of you.

30 June, 2005  
Blogger Danielle said...

I commented awhile after I read your post... it is a VERY cool story. When we find our "sugar daddies" we should take a trip to see your castle. :)

30 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home