Wednesday, June 22

Today was a good day...

Thank you Lord. You are so good to me. Forgive me for not thanking you on the hard days and help me become more like Ruth... and her never ending faith.


Wow... what a change today was. This morning, Kristin got up and greeted me. Locked the door behind me without grumbling, took her medicine without needing to be told, finished up 7 reports, and had a plesant evening without any troubles! A completely different girl than I have seen for the last few days. Grandma was here last night while I had to go to a meeting. I wonder if that had anything to do with it? :) No matter... thank you for a day of rest, Lord.

Today was my director's last day at work. It didn't feel like the last day. There weren't any feelings of sadness... no worries... no reason to feel panic. And yet, one of the most significant parts of the school walked out with her. I know that this is God's school... and that has shown through the hiring process of a new director... and I am confident in Him. I know that the school will continue to flourish. I know that she will be back to teach lessons... and I know that I will still confide in her on a frequent basis! (I hope you won't mind. :P )

So I went to a church in Weston tonight. There was a small Bible study going on that I was invited to. It took all of my nerves and a gentle push from God for me to go. I wanted to go, but didn't. I knew that I would be the new face in a small group and that it would be obvious that I had never been there. I knew that attention would be drawn upon me. And I don't like attention! Everyone was so welcoming. I knew two people there... Beth Veller's parents. I also kinda new another person there. He was the one that invited me. We have been emailing for a little over a month now... introduced to each other through a friend. I don't think I have ever felt so awkward in my life! This was the first time I had "officialy" met him. He lead the music part of the worship for the Bible study and then we went on to talk about faith, miracles and healing. (They are studying the Spiritual gifts). The evening was very traditional. Singing out of hymnals.... okay, so maybe it was only the music that was traditional. Either way, I haven't worshiped like that in a long while and it was kinda hard. Something I am not use to! I can't say that I felt a connection with God like I normally do through music, but then again... I was a little distracted. :) Afterwards, I found out that tonight was rare. They normally have power point and sing in a different style, but all of their media went during the Sunday service this past week! So they resorted to the piano and the hymnal. Anywayz, more thoughts on that, but this is already getting to long... (and I'm still processing).

My mom is having surgery tomorrow afternoon. They say it is going to be outpatient and that she should be home around dinner time. My grandmother and aunt will be there both Thursday and Friday. I'm glad someone will be home. I know that my step dad has to keep the business open. (They are the only two who work in that branch.)

Well, I'm going to go. I am exhausted after not sleeping last night. I hope that everyone had a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home