Friday, June 17

Thank you, community

Tonight was so good. I love how we come together and support one another. The before and after was a little rough (sp?). We went to dinner at Easy Street where it was crowded and loud. The crowded issue didn't sit well with me and by the time we spent over an hour in there trying to talk over the noise, I was ready to go. In fact, I had to go for a walk when we got to the Dilbone's just to clear out my mind. And now, that we are back at the house, I have heard nothing but grumbling. She didn't get to listen to her talk show on the radio. I tried to explain to her that we had fun at a friend's house and now it was late and she just needed to go to bed. I know that her grumbling is a way to process what she is thinking, but I don't know if I can hear "When mom and dad get home..." again. It goes on and on. I just remind myself that it is her processing and then I try to tune it out. I should probably go into the other room so I can't hear her.

Anywayz, as frustrating as the above may sound... it isn't torture and it is the smallest part of our evening. We had a good time.

I love spending time at the Dilbone's. It feels like home. I don't think I have told you (Chris and Sara) this before, but being at your house takes the longing away of not being around my immediate family. It gives me peace to be in your home and I truely feel apart of your family. Thank you.

Well, I think I will veg in front of the tv for a while. It's a multi purpose event really. :) Drowning out and drifting off.

By the way, when we were at ES... the weirdest conversation took place at the table beside us. I really don't try to listen in on people's conversations, but this one could not be helped. The group of four adults were saying that there is nothing better than when you come home and you hear running down the hallway and they jump into your arms and you get a wet kiss. It all sounded normal and sweet until the wet kiss part... so of course I had to continue listening. I soon figured out that they were talking about their dogs! Please... if I ever comment that the best thing in the world is coming home and hearing my pet run down the hallway to jump into my arms and give me a big wet kiss... slap me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

It would be so much better (for me, at least) if that running was followed by a warm, wet kiss from say, oh, Keith Urban! :o)

18 June, 2005  
Blogger Erica said...

You crack me up!

18 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home