Sunday, June 19

Is it selfish to request that someone listen to their cd with headphones when:

a: you don't really care for the style of music
b: you know that it will be non stop for at least two hours
c: you know that it is generally a house rule anyway

?

I felt selfish asking her to use her headphones, but I really didn't want to listen to that music. Not that it's bad... I just wasn't in the mood. And then, to top it off, she was listening to it to loud and lost the priveledge for the last half hour.

This is tough!

My independence has been squashed, I'm trying to enforce house rules that have some gray lines and I can't handle these trains! :) Sorry... a moment of aggrevation. I am constantly having to listen to objections and decide if they are valid. Some I could say they were some, I can't. But where do you draw the line. I haven't raised her. I"m not sure where the lines get drawn. And in the end, we're talking about listening to music and if she gets 10 or 11 hours of sleep. I have learned some about my parenting style.. even though I am not a parent.

Ok... so on to other things. My grandfather is doing well, now. I hadn't heard from my father for a week or two (normally this is a good thing even though death was being spoken). Grandpa changed his diet a little (something that should have been done years ago) and he is out fishing... still in Canada... 1 week longer than normally scheduled... and might be home this week.

My brother was loading his four-wheeler into the back of his truck, "lost control" (he has yet to describe what really happened) and shattered the back window of his new F350 King Ranch. a.k.a. really expensive huge truck!

My bedroom looks like it had a tornado go through it. Danielle... don't try to open the door. :) I have gone to a new level of cleaning. All of my clothes are on my bed. A new desk (that I put together) is against one wall. Boxes are on the floor, depleting the walking space and at least two trash bags full of trash take up the remaining amount of room. My goal... to completely clean and organize at the same time. How do I do this? By taking everything out and then putting it back in with order. So... everything is out and one day soon I'll put it back in a different order. Hopefully the desk will help solve the issue of no place for my computer/printer to go. (Along with some other "office" stuff). I'm getting rid of the college storage tubs and probably pitching most everything in them since I haven't used or even looked at what is in there for a year or two now.

Oh yeah!.... SIX MORE DAYS OF WORK! (Do you think I"m excited about this?) Well, I am. It will be so nice to have the whole month of July off. The sad part is that I decided I couldn't go to Cali. I know that the air fare is low... but not this summer. Hopefully I'll be able to plan on going over a break... and worse case, next summer. My friend is a little bummed... I'm a little bummed... but she said that she has a lot of vacation time coming and she may be coming to Ohio to see family anyway.

Humm..... I think that's it.

Things to smile about today:
:) Organization
:) friends and laughter
:) extreme home makeover .... when are they coming here?
:) beautiful weather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home